Friday, January 27, 2012

Sorry for the delay

To everyone who has shown support to this project, Thank You!
Seriously... Thank You!

The support and positive feedback i have received from complete strangers has provided motivation that i have not felt in a long time.

I want to to give a quick update on why there has been such a long delay in the initial release of the Ice Scream Man. I am sitting on inventory, i have my pricing structure nailed down, i have my shipping worked out. The hold up at this point is my ability to process orders.

When i started this project i want to be sure that all aspects of the project were carried out with the professionalism and  level of detail that i have spent the last 10 years perfecting. I wanted to produce quality toys in mass quantities, so i bought the necessary equipment. I wanted the packaging to be beautiful and efficient so i spent a month requesting samples and test fitting materials from different suppliers. I wanted the purchase experience to be easy, safe and fluid without the need to transfer to external websites so I've partnered with two people who i know and trust to develop a beautiful and functional webstite.

December and January have been very tough months regarding the progress of the website. Between all the people involved in bringing the site to life we have dealt with a list of  experiences that cover the entire emotional spectrum from Super-Awesome to Fucking-Terrible. None of those issues will bring the project to a halt but all them have added little delays that we were not expecting or prepared for... because... well... that's how life works. Right?

So again... thank you for the support and patience.

-ryan



One of the things that Tamara and i have been dealing with is the recent  loss of our good friend Little Ray. She was an amazing friend, a fantastic cat and sometimes even a good hat. She kept me company in the studio and proved to be a great model of ice cream cones, we miss her every day.








2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. From what I've seen so far, you have nothing to worry about as far as quality and professionalism go :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, sounds like business as usual out here!! Your tenacity matches your creative spirit. Keep going; I'm in for 5 and am holding out for those close friends and family members who deserve such a gift for Xmas. they know something special is on the way!!
    andy

    ReplyDelete